Working during your pregnancy is generally safe. The challenge, however, is being comfortable at work with the changes your body is making and knowing when a task can be dangerous to your baby.
- Nausea and vomiting is a major problem women face during pregnancy. Try to stay away from odor that may trigger nausea and discomfort during your workday. Keeping light snacks readily available such as crackers or other bland food may help alleviate nausea.
- A long workday may cause fatigue. Try adjusting your diet and eat foods rich in protein and iron, as fatigue may be a symptom of iron deficiency anemia. Additionally, taking short frequent breaks can help recharge you throughout the day. Drinking lots of water and getting adequate amount of sleep can also help combat fatigue.
- Things to avoid at work as they can increase your risk of complications, especially if you have increased risk for pre-term labor
- Exposure to harmful substances
- Prolonged standing
- Heavy lifting, climbing, or carrying
- Excessive noise
- Extreme temperatures